Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Active Date

Date

Have you’ve ever raced to the Kennedy Center by water? This date will work your upper body, and give you a great view of the Tidal Basin and the Kennedy Center. Kayaking on the Potomac is a romantic way to say I like you, but I’m going beat your ass. Check out Jack’s boathouse in Georgetown. The price is $14 per person for one hour.

Jack’s Boathouse Link: http://www.jacksboathouse.com/

Eat

Once you’re done beating him at his own date, head over to Serendipity 3 restaurant in Georgetown. Serendipity 3 is less than a year old in DC, but was established in New York City. Known for their frozen hot chocolate shakes (I had the original hot chocolate, but dying to have the Oreo next time) they also have really good veggie burgers.

Drink

For my last two posts I’ve only talked about red wines, but I am on to the next one (Swizz Beatz voice). Since we have a week until the summer is over, let’s toast to Rose wine. This Rose wine is from the great state of (drum roll……) CALIFORNIA! It’s a Francis Ford Coppola. The Rose is on Wine.com 90-point list and it’s under $20. If you decide to order the Rose, HOOK A BROTHER UP!!

Link to wine.com: http://www.wine.com/V6/Francis-Ford-Coppola-Winery-Sofia-Rose-2010/wine/109805/detail.aspx

No comments: