DATE
Are you tired of the hackneyed conversations that are happening over debt ceilings, default loans in Greece, or class warfare?
Well, people love to say “go BIG or go HOME”, and Chris Martin’s art exhibit named “Painting Big” is LITERALLY big. Chris’s paintings are currently displaying at the Corcoran Gallery of Art (500 Seventeenth Street, NW).
If you enjoy abstract art you will love Chris Martin’s work. There are very few living artists we can appreciate, although he’s no Jackson Pollack or Wassily Kandinsky, Chris creates his own unique lane by doing things BIG and in his own way.
EAT
I’ve been polling my friends (and random people at coffee shops or wine bars), and discovered that the majority of people never travel outside of their zone. For instance, if you live in Northwest DC, you probably stick to restaurants in that area, shop in that area, and maybe even attend church in that area, and if you live in Northeast, you’ll probably do all those things in Northeast as well, and so on and so forth. There are probably a lot of factors that contribute to why people stay in their neighborhoods. For instance, some people don’t have cars so the H Street Corridor might not be convenient, or perhaps they’ve simply heard negative things about Northeast. But, when it comes to a good restaurant, don’t be afraid to break out of your comfort zone. For great food, you should rent a bike, a zip car, borrow your roommates car, or even walk if you have to!
Even if the South Side of DC isn’t your typical stomping grounds, Zest (735 Eighth Street SE), an American bistro located on Barrack Row near Eastern Market, is worth the trip. Zest is only four blocks from the Eastern Market Metro Station, so even those who are automobile-challenged should be able to find your way there. The exposed brick in the restaurant compliments the complex simplicity of their dishes. I’ve enjoyed both lunch and brunch at Zest and both times I was amazed. I highly recommend this restaurant for a first date… or, really, any date!
DRINK
I’m a believer of never paying more than $20 dollars for a bottle of wine. Actually, I usually won’t pay more than $12, but sometimes you have to splurge a little. For a birthday, an anniversary, or maybe a celebration that you managed not to curse your boss out. Look no further than Blue Eyed Boy, a nice Australian Shiraz that runs about $50 a bottle. Buy some here: http://www.mollydookerblueeyedboy.com/ You can also head to DC-staple Morton’s Steakhouse where you can purchase a bottle of Blue Eyed Boy for $72. (I don’t recommend this, though.)
No comments:
Post a Comment