Sorry for not posting a new entry since Oct 9th. I promise to keep this blog updated twice a week from now on. It's just that from working (my friends call me Tommy from the show Martin), training for a half marathon, and traveling to attend a Bar Mitzvah (Mazel tov), I’ve been a little busy.
However, I’m back (Michael Jordan voice) with a great date!!!
When I first began writing this blog, I made a promise to myself never to highlight a restaurant as a date but this place is an exception to the rule. There are places that serve wine and cheese and call themselves a wine bar. Then, there’s CORK -- the ultimate wine bar in the District.
Though Cork is a little tight on space, it’s still intimate enough to engage into your partner's eyes as he or she tells you how great the spot is. The character of the restaurant reminds me of place I once visited in France with my mother. Exposed brick, small tables, outdoor seating and candles on each table. This restaurant is a breath of fresh air in a city with fixation on chi chi restaurants.
Cork provides more than your average cheese plates. They serve small plates (tapas) from Duck Confit, Rosemary Chicken, Liver Bruschetta, French Fries, Lemon and Black Pepper Dusted Calamari, and Rock Shrimp. Those are a few excellent suggestions, but everything on the menu including their cheeses are great.
I think ordering a bottle of wine will be cheaper than ordering by the glass. Unless you are trying to introduce your date to great wines, then I recommend that you ask your server for the tasting option, which gives you a taste of different white wines and red wines.
If you haven’t had the opportunity to make it to CORK, this should be at the top of your date list. I promise you won’t be disappointed.
So I should disclose that I know the owner. However, in no way did the owner influence me to write about the Cork. Honestly this blog hasn’t blown up yet for friends to ask for favors…
ENJOY!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment