Date.
Are you really trying to impress him/her on the first date? Maybe he/she mentioned that they love classical music, classic jazz or folk music. The Kennedy Center’s Millennium Stage offers free concerts 365 days a year, starting every day at 6 pm. Happy Hour is only an hour, from 5-6 pm but definitely worth the money!
Once you’re done enjoying the concert, walk outside on the terrace, chat and watch the sun set over the Potomac as you discuss what attracted you to him/her.
Eat.
Do you hunger for more Che or Marx? A place that’s in DC but has the character of a retreat in South America, Marx Café located in DC’s culturally diverse neighborhood of Mount Pleasant. It is named after the great revolutionist Karl Marx and is a unique first date. Its intimate ambiance makes it a great choice for getting to know that new special someone; it also boasts a great selection of Greek and Italian dishes(food is ok but it's the ambiance). They provide great vegetarian options for those who aren’t meat lovers. A recent visit on a Monday led to the discovery of a great special, half off bottles of wine. I suggest French wine Dom Breunet Pinot noir. Below is the link to Marx Café. Become a member of their mailing list to get up to date information about their frequent events and specials.
Drink.
I’ve recently been on everything French. Besides the French wine I recommended in the Eat section I will post here… French Pinot Noir Dom Breunet. For white lovers I suggest the Mouton Cadet Bordeaux. It’s a little sweeter than a normal New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, but you won’t be disappointed. It’s a good wine for $10 dollars. You can find this wine at Yes! Organic.
No comments:
Post a Comment